Tyler Colpini – Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Colpini joined Taylor/Theus Holdings in 2015 to focus on growing the team’s self storage platform.
- Mr. Colpini has helped the Company develop 20 facilities, with an additional two under development, while focusing on raising institutional equity from two joint venture partners.
- Prior to joining Taylor/Theus, Mr. Colpini worked as an investment banker with Jefferies in their Real Estate, Gaming and Lodging group focusing on equity and debt capital markets transactions for REITs.
- Before joining Jefferies, Mr. Colpini worked for Harvard Management Company in Boston, establishing programmatic joint ventures with real estate operating partners and investing in real estate private equity funds for the $32bn endowment of Harvard University.
- Mr. Colpini also worked for EDENS, a grocery-anchored shopping center REIT, where he gained experience with debt and equity capital raising, joint venture structuring and acquisition and development underwriting and execution.
- Mr. Colpini has a B.A. degree from Wofford College and a M.B.A degree from the University of North Carolina.
David Ellison – Managing Director / Chief Development Officer
- Mr. Ellison joined Taylor/Theus Holdings in 2012 to help expand the group’s self storage platform.
- Mr. Ellison has helped the Company develop over 26 facilities, with an additional two in the active development stage.
- Prior to joining Taylor/Theus, Mr. Ellison worked as a commercial real estate advisor for CBRE Group in the Greenville and Columbia offices, where he helped corporate and individual clients with their real estate strategies.
- Before joining CBRE, Mr. Ellison worked as a Development Associate with a small real estate investment company based in Columbia.
- Mr. Ellison has B.S. degree from the University of South Carolina.
Steve Moffat – Managing Director / Chief Investment Officer
- Mr. Moffat joined Taylor/Theus Holdings in 2019 to help expand the group’s self storage platform, focusing on acquisitions and West Coast developments.
- Prior to joining Taylor/Theus, Mr. Moffat oversaw the acquisition of existing facilities and certificate of occupancy projects for Extra Space Storage, one of the largest public REITs, completing over $500mm of investments.
- Before joining Extra Space Storage, Mr. Moffat worked for seven years at a large regional bank focusing on real estate debt origination.
- Mr. Moffat has a B.S. degree from the University of Utah and a M.B.A. from Brigham Young University.
Sam Hoffman – Vice President / Accounting and Capital Markets
- Mr. Hoffman joined Taylor/Theus Holdings in 2019 to help with all aspects of the self storage platform.
- Prior to joining Taylor/Theus Holdings, Mr. Hoffman worked as an Accounting Associate on the Corporate Accounting team of Asana Partners, a real estate fund based in Columbia, SC with equity commitments of over $500mm.
- Prior to Asana Partners, Mr. Hoffman worked over three years in Public Accounting.
- Mr. Hoffman has B.A. degree from the University of South Carolina. He is a licensed CPA and a Level III candidate in the CFA Program.
Walter Taylor and Bill Theus – Founders
- In 1986, Mr. Theus and Mr. Taylor became partners in the commercial real estate brokerage business, primarily selling income properties to REITs and other investors.
- In the 1990’s, Mr. Theus and Mr. Taylor bought, renovated and sold several apartment properties, while also developing numerous residential subdivisions in South Carolina.
- In 1997, Mr. Theus and Mr. Taylor formed Palmetto Traditional Homes, LLC, with two operating partners. In 2004, Palmetto Traditional Homes was acquired by KB Home, a national public homebuilder.
- Starting in 2007, Mr. Theus and Mr. Taylor primarily focused on the self-storage business, developing, owning and subsequently selling 19 facilities to Extra Space Storage and four to SmartStop.
- Mr. Taylor has a B.A. degree from the University of North Carolina.
- Mr. Theus has B.S. and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Virginia.